Freeform to launch Tiffin, celebration of food and drinks, in 2016http://freeform.com.my/wp-content/themes/corpus/images/empty/thumbnail.jpg 150 150 freeform-super-admin freeform-super-admin http://1.gravatar.com/avatar/1e0be92711019f4236a9dd43549b1046?s=96&d=mm&r=g
KUALA LUMPUR, 2 Dec 2015 — Freeform Untitled, the organisers of the creative arts festival Urbanscapes today announced that it will launch Tiffin in 2016. Like the concept of the Tiffin carrier, Tiffin is a multi-layered platform for varied dining experiences and activities; that are spurred by this region’s unparalleled love affair with food and drink. The brand will be launched during ‘Taste of Tiffin’ from 26 Feb to 28 Feb 2016 in Publika. ‘Taste of Tiffin’ will offer a sneak preview of its flagship project Tiffin Week, a city-wide celebration of food and drinks slated for the second half of 2016. “We’re excited to bring the best of the region to all of Tiffin’s initiatives.‘Taste of Tiffin’ will give those with a deep affection for food and drinks a preview of Tiffin Week’s dining experience and activities. We will also take the opportunity this February to announce more details on Tiffin Week. We hope foodies everywhere will join us in Publika and find out how we’re celebrating the love of food and drink in real exciting ways,” said Adrian Yap, founder of Tiffin and Freeform Untitled. ‘Taste of Tiffin’ will comprise of a series of free and ticketed events, namely the weekend food market Chow Down ; Brunch Sessions that are catered by independent tastemakers; and the mixology and craft spirits enthusiasts’ pop-up bar Heart Of The Run . The 3-day event will be kicked off by the first Tiffin Throwdown , which will also serve as Taste of Tiffin’s official launch party.
Not your usual culinary contest; Tiffin Throwdown is where a panel of judges and the public vote for the best all-time favourite foods within a high-octane party environment. The debut Throwdown will see the nation’s 10 best burger maestros; myburgerlab , Burger Giler Power , YummyLicious and Bob Republic Burger Bakar compete for ultimate bragging rights and cash prizes. Judges include 8TV and Asian Food Channel host Razif Hashim , celebrity chef Sherson Lian and DJ Blink . Tiffin Throwdown will take place on Friday, 26 Feb 2016 from 7.30 pm onwards. At RM55 per entry, patrons will have a chance to sample 10 burger sliders. The party will feature ice cold drinks, and entertainment by DJ trio Indiego & Co.
A summary of ‘Taste of Tiffin’’s events are as follows. Detailed information are in the accompanying fact sheets provided.
1. Chowdown: 12 pm to 10 pm, Saturday and Sunday, 27 & 28 Feb 2016. Free Entry. Throughout the weekend, saunter down a gastronomic path and discover delicious delicacies from 25 of the nation’s best food vendors such as Top Catch , Fresca , The Balls , Yumcious , and plenty more throughout the entire Taste of Tiffin weekend. 1
2. Brunch Session: 11 am to 12:30 pm and 1.30 pm – 3 pm , Saturday and Sunday, 27 & 28 Feb 2016. Advanced booking at RM90 per entry. Let there be brunch! Join the culinary geniuses behind Root Cellar KL and Singapore’s Brunch Bandits for a pop-up brunch with coffee pairing by Pulp by Papa Palheta . Expect a breakfast fare with an international twist from modern European, South East Asian influence to the burst of Afro-Latin flavours. Each of the four ticketed brunch sessions seat 40 people.
3. Heart of The Run: ○ 12 pm to 10 pm on Saturday, 27 Feb 2016. Free Entry The nomadic 44 bar , will run a pop-up service featuring well-known and well-heeled speciality American craft spirits cocktails. An intimate oasis for those with a thirst after a culinary journey.
○ 12 pm to 10 pm on Sunday, 28 Feb 2016. Free Entry Get tippled with KL’s most wanted bartenders from bars such as Marini’s on 57 , Nobu KL , Chinatown’s first speakeasy PS150 , Hyde at 53M and Omakase + Appreciate . Enjoy classic and tiki-styled cocktails, as well as concoctions from the prohibition and disco era.
○ 12 pm to 5 pm on Sunday, 28 Feb 2016. RM110 (early bird) or RM145 (at the door) Otherwise, make like a cocktail connoisseur and guarantee a Sunday well-spent. Brush up on your knowledge on an impressive repertoire of 40 varieties of specialty craft white spirits. from all 15 purveyors.
Tickets are on sale at Peatix now at: ● Brunch Session ● Tiffin Throwdown ● Heart The of Run – Sunday Sampling Session
For more information on Tiffin, please visit: web: www.tiffin.com.my Facebook: www.facebook.com/tiffinevent Instagram: @tiffinevent
For high-res images, fact sheets and biographies, please visit: bit.ly/tiffinevent
For interviews and media queries, please contact Commas & Industry: Ying Nee Ooi Publicist M : +6012-362-2810 E: email@example.com Stephanie Goh Publicist M : +6017-280-8526 E : firstname.lastname@example.org Priyanka Supramaniam Associate Publicist M: +6012-369-3656 E: email@example.com
About Tiffin Adopting the concept of the Tiffin carrier, Tiffin is a platform for multi-dimensional dining experience that is spurred by Malaysians unparalleled love affair with food. It’s flagship project Tiffin Week, a city-wide celebration of food and drinks, will take place in the second half of 2016. The brand will be launched in February 2016 during its sneak preview initiative ‘Taste of Tiffin’.
About Freeform Founded in 2000, Freeform began as a media company which published titles such as KLue, Junk and Tongue in Chic, covering urban lifestyle, music and fashion respectively. The company made its mark organising Kuala Lumpur’s first creative arts festival Urbanscapes, which has been running for the last decade. A trendsetter in the creative and youth culture industry, Freeform is expanding their repertoire with the launch of Tiffin.